Geauga County Building Permits (Ohio)

Building Departments in Geauga County, OH create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Geauga County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Geauga County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Geauga County building permit. Geauga County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Geauga County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Chardon Building Department Chardon OH 231 Main Street 44024 440-285-2222

Chardon Village Zoning Chardon OH 111 Water Street 44024 440-286-2654

Chester Township Zoning Chesterland OH 12701 Chillicothe Road 44026 440-729-9201

Hambden Zoning Chardon OH 13887 Gar Hwy 44024 440-286-4423

Munson Zoning Chardon OH 12200 Auburn Road 44024 440-286-9182

Russel Township Zoning Novelty OH 8501 Kinsman Road 44072 440-338-5811

Thompson Zoning Thompson OH 6741 Madison Road 44086 440-298-1445

Town and City Halls in Geauga County, OH provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Geauga County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Geauga County, Ohio. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Geauga County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Claridon Town Hall Chardon OH 13930 Mayfield Road 44024 440-635-0648

Huntsburg Town Hall Huntsburg OH 16534 Mayfield Road 44046 440-636-5486

Mesopotamia Town Hall Middlefield OH 8686 Ohio 534 44062 440-693-4350

Newbury Town Hall Newbury OH 14899 Auburn Rd 44065 440-564-5997

Thompson Town Hall Thompson OH 6741 Madison Road 44086 440-298-1445

Building Inspectors in Geauga County, OH ensure that all construction projects meet building codes and regulations. They are responsible for monitoring designs, building materials, Geauga County building safety codes, and utilities like electricity and plumbing. As part of this job, Geauga County Building Inspectors issue permits for new construction, remodels, renovations, and planned construction. They also issue demolition, relocation, and occupancy permits, including inspection reports that verify that a Geauga County property is safe for residents. Building Inspectors maintain records and reports on their inspections and permits, which include information about the Geauga County property owners, the property, and whether the permit is valid. Their records also show Geauga County violations and work stoppage orders. They provide information on how to receive a permit as well as permit requirements, and much of this information may be available on the Building Inspector website.

Hambden Township Building Inspector Chardon OH 13887 Gar Highway 44024 440-286-4423