Polk County Building Permits (Oregon)

Building Departments in Polk County, OR create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Polk County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Polk County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Polk County building permit. Polk County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Polk County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Monmouth Planning Department Monmouth OR 151 Main Street West 97361 503-751-0147

Polk County Planning Department Dallas OR 182 Southwest Academy Street, Ste 302 97338 503-623-8175

Salem Planning Department Salem OR # 305, 555 Liberty St SE, # 305 97301 503-588-6173

Town and City Halls in Polk County, OR provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Polk County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Polk County, Oregon. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Polk County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Dallas City Hall Dallas OR 187 Southeast Court Street 97338 503-623-2338

Falls City City Hall Falls OR 299 Mill Street 97344 503-787-3631

Independence City Hall Independence OR 240 Monmouth Street 97351 503-838-1212

Monmouth City Hall Monmouth OR 151 Main Street West 97361 503-838-0722

Building Inspectors in Polk County, OR ensure that all construction projects meet building codes and regulations. They are responsible for monitoring designs, building materials, Polk County building safety codes, and utilities like electricity and plumbing. As part of this job, Polk County Building Inspectors issue permits for new construction, remodels, renovations, and planned construction. They also issue demolition, relocation, and occupancy permits, including inspection reports that verify that a Polk County property is safe for residents. Building Inspectors maintain records and reports on their inspections and permits, which include information about the Polk County property owners, the property, and whether the permit is valid. Their records also show Polk County violations and work stoppage orders. They provide information on how to receive a permit as well as permit requirements, and much of this information may be available on the Building Inspector website.

Monmouth Building Inspector Monmouth OR 151 Main Street West 97361 503-751-0139