Kershaw County Building Permits (South Carolina)

Building Departments in Kershaw County, SC create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Kershaw County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Kershaw County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Kershaw County building permit. Kershaw County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Kershaw County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Kershaw County Planning and Zoning Department Camden SC 515 Walnut Street 29020 803-425-1500

Town and City Halls in Kershaw County, SC provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Kershaw County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Kershaw County, South Carolina. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Kershaw County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Camden City Hall Camden SC 1000 Lyttleton Street 29020 803-432-2421

Elgin Town Hall Elgin SC 2469 Main Street 29045 803-438-2362