Chittenden County Building Permits (Vermont)

Building Departments in Chittenden County, VT create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Chittenden County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Chittenden County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Chittenden County building permit. Chittenden County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Chittenden County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Burlington Zoning Burlington VT 149 Church Street, Rm 17 05401 802-865-7188

Charlotte Town Zoning Charlotte VT 159 Ferry Road 05445 802-425-3533

Colchester Zoning Colchester VT 835 Blakely Road 05446 802-264-5600

Essex Junction Town Zoning Essex VT 81 Main Street 05452 802-878-1343

Hinesburg Zoning Hinesburg VT 10632 Route 116 05461 802-482-3619

Jericho Zoning Jericho VT 67 Vermont 15 05465 802-899-2287

Milton Town Zoning Milton VT 43 Bombardier Rd 05468 802-893-1186

Richmond Planning and Zoning Department Richmond VT 203 Bridge Street 05477 802-434-2430

Shelburne Planning and Zoning Department Shelburne VT 5420 Shelburne Road 05482 802-985-5118

Underhill Zoning Underhill VT 12 Pleasant Valley Rd 05489 802-899-4535

Williston Zoning Williston VT 7900 Williston Road 05495 802-878-6704

Winooski Zoning Winooski VT 27 West Allen Street, Ste 2 05404 802-655-6410

Town and City Halls in Chittenden County, VT provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Chittenden County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Chittenden County, Vermont. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Chittenden County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Burlington City Hall Burlington VT 149 Church Street 05401 802-865-7000

Colchester Town Hall Colchester VT 781 Blakely Road 05446 802-264-5520

Essex Town Hall Essex VT 81 Main Street 05452 802-878-1341

Huntington Town Hall Huntington VT 4930 Main Road 05462 802-434-2032

Richmond Town Hall Richmond VT 203 Bridge Street 05477 802-434-2430

Shelburne Town Hall Shelburne VT 5420 Shelburne Road 05482 802-985-5110

Underhill Town Hall Underhill VT 12 Pleasant Valley Road 05489 802-899-4434

Westford Town Hall Westford VT 1713 Vermont 128 05494 802-878-4587