Cowlitz County Building Permits (Washington)

Building Departments in Cowlitz County, WA create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Cowlitz County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Cowlitz County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Cowlitz County building permit. Cowlitz County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Cowlitz County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Cowlitz County Planning Department Kelso WA 207 4th Avenue North, Rm 100 98626 360-577-3052

Kelso City Building Department, Planning and Zoning Longview WA 1725 1st Avenue 98632 360-577-3100

Kelso Permits Kelso WA 203 South Pacific Avenue 98626 360-423-9922

Longview Permits and Zoning Longview WA 1525 Broadway St 98632 360-442-5086

Woodland Building Department Woodland WA 230 Davidson Avenue 98674 360-225-7299

Town and City Halls in Cowlitz County, WA provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Cowlitz County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Cowlitz County, Washington. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Cowlitz County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Castle Rock City Hall Castle Rock WA 141 A Street 98611 360-274-8181

Kalama City Hall Kalama WA 6315 Old Pacific Highway South 98625 360-673-3706

Kelso City Hall Kelso WA 320 North 1st Avenue 98626 360-673-4562