Humboldt County Building Permits (California)

Building Departments in Humboldt County, CA create and enforce building codes and zoning rules to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans and issue Humboldt County building permits. These building permits may be required for land development, renovations, demolition, repairs, and other construction. Permits can show if a building meets Humboldt County fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate that a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project holds a valid Humboldt County building permit. Humboldt County Building Departments provide information on which projects require a building permit, how to apply for a permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved Humboldt County building permits. Building Departments often provide online access to building permit rules and records.

Arcata Planning Department Arcata CA 736 F Street 95521 707-822-5955

Eureka Building Department Eureka CA 531 K Street 95501 707-441-4155

Eureka Zoning Eureka CA 531 K Street, # 3 95501 707-441-4160

Humboldt County Building Department Eureka CA 3015 H Street 95501 707-445-7550

Humboldt County Planning Department Eureka CA 3015 H Street, Ste 1 95501 707-445-7541

Building Inspectors in Humboldt County, CA ensure that all construction projects meet building codes and regulations. They are responsible for monitoring designs, building materials, Humboldt County building safety codes, and utilities like electricity and plumbing. As part of this job, Humboldt County Building Inspectors issue permits for new construction, remodels, renovations, and planned construction. They also issue demolition, relocation, and occupancy permits, including inspection reports that verify that a Humboldt County property is safe for residents. Building Inspectors maintain records and reports on their inspections and permits, which include information about the Humboldt County property owners, the property, and whether the permit is valid. Their records also show Humboldt County violations and work stoppage orders. They provide information on how to receive a permit as well as permit requirements, and much of this information may be available on the Building Inspector website.

Arcata Building Inspector Arcata CA 736 F Street 95521 707-822-5956

Town and City Halls in Humboldt County, CA provide municipal services for their community, such as preserving vital records and issuing and filing building permits. These Humboldt County building permits may be required for a number of construction projects, including renovations, demolitions, repairs, land development, and planned construction. They may also issue land use permits related to property boundary lines, as well as occupancy permits that certify that a building meets code and can be occupied by residents in Humboldt County, California. These records can be used to prove that a construction project has a valid Humboldt County permit, find approved and rejected permit applications, or to look up building permit requirements, apply for a permit, or search for approved permits. Town and City Halls typically provide online access to their building permit services.

Arcata City Hall Arcata CA 736 F Street 95521 707-822-5951

Blue Lake City Hall Blue Lake CA 111 Greenwood Road 95525 707-668-5655

Eureka City Hall Eureka CA 409 Trinity Street 95501 707-677-0223

Eureka City Hall Eureka CA 531 K Street, # 208 95501 707-441-4122

Ferndale City Hall Ferndale CA 834 Main Street 95536 707-786-4224

Fortuna City Hall Fortuna CA 621 11th Street 95540 707-725-7600

Rio Dell City Hall Rio Dell CA 675 Wildwood Avenue 95562 707-764-3532